fetch

Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Our Picks
Comments
Photos
Stores

Podcast + Codes
SERMONS EMBED | Info
Mobile Apps | Info
•  ROKU TV
•  Apple TV
•  Chromecast
Enjoy sermons from this broadcaster
on a variety of mobile devices.
MyChurch: theshelter | Set
MyChurch Code#: 94008
“truth worth considering”
Shawna from wisconsin
Bob Hackett | 1 Corinthians 11:2-16
· Page 1 ·  Found: 15 total user comment(s)

Sermon8/22/18 10:20 AM
Fran from Edmonton  Contact via emailFind all comments by Fran
Sermon:
You CAN Do It
Bob Hackett
“ Thank You ”
What an encouraging way to start my day, to be reminded of Christ's all-sufficiency and His willingness to help His people. To Him be all the glory.

Sermon4/9/18 1:27 PM
Frances from Edmonton  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frances
Sermon:
Our Awesome Loving God
Bob Hackett
“ Our God is Great! ”
What a blessing to serve the God who knows everything about us and yet loves us and cares for us. He is worthy to be worshiped and adored. This God is my God.

Sermon3/31/18 11:03 PM
Frances  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frances
Sermon:
A More Excellent Way
Bob Hackett
“ Thanks. ”
That was helpful, both in understanding God's love for His people and our love for Him and each other.

Sermon11/26/17 4:43 PM
Graziella from Western Pa.  Find all comments by Graziella
Sermon:
Called, Loved And Kept
Bob Hackett
“ Thank you. ”
What a Blessing. This morning, the sermon at church was from Jude. This afternoon I go check pastor Bob's latest sermon & there it is...Jude!

Sermon1/1/17 4:52 PM
Bill & Grace  Find all comments by Bill & Grace
“ Thank you ”
Thank you for the reminders. May God continue to bless your ministry.

Sermon10/30/16 9:52 AM
Grace K. from Pa.  Find all comments by Grace K.
• Add new comment
“ Great Sermon! Thank you pastor. ”
Much needed message in this day. Thank you. May the Lord grant HIS BRIDE moral courage.

Sermon3/6/16 9:41 PM
Grace K from Western Pa.  Contact via emailFind all comments by Grace K
“ Thank you. ”
Thank you for this much needed message to me today. God is so good to know our struggles and bow His ear to our pleas.

Sermon11/4/13 12:43 PM
Pastor Bob Hackett from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada  Protected NameFind all comments by Pastor Bob Hackett
• Add new comment
comments
“ A woman's hair ”
ucsltd@telus.net Thanks for the comments. I appreciate the input, very much. One thought regarding a woman's hair being the covering: Verse 6 reads; For if a wife will not cover her head, then she should cut her hair short. But since it is disgraceful for a wife to cut off her hair or shave her head, let her cover her head. ~1 Corinthians 11:6 and verse 10; That is why a wife ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. ~1 Corinthians 11:10 This verse clearly eliminates a woman’s hair from being the “symbol” that Paul is referring to. In actuality it is because of her natural covering that she is required to wear another covering. Her glory must be concealed so that she does not usurp the glory of the man in the presence of Christ and the holy angels in public worship. If she won't wear a covering Paul asserts that she should shave her hair off: if she doesn't want to do that she needs to cover it. How then could he be referring to her hair as the “symbol” in these passages? So her hair is the covering, if she doesn't cover her head with her hair she should shave it off? That just doesn't work with the passage. Paul is clearly describing another covering being used here. peace, Bob

Sermon10/7/13 10:34 AM
Kauffeld from USA  Contact via emailFind all comments by Kauffeld
• Add new comment
comments
“ More info if needed on the subject ”
This message is good for preporatory thoughts, but if you are searching for a more in depth/detail explanation please see my recommendations below: Malcom Watts- "Headcoverings Overview" and Richard Bacon- "Paul's discourse on Headcoverings" I believe greg price also had a large series on this topic as well. (Malcom Watts also has more headcovering messages)

Sermon10/6/13 5:29 PM
Shawna from wisconsin  Find all comments by Shawna
• Add new comment
comments
“ truth worth considering ”
I used to be appalled at wearing headcoverings, in reality I just didn't want to wear them.Maybe because nobody else does, or perhaps because I just like the way my hair looks? Either way, I want to encourage women to consider what is being taught in this and other messages.Women, ask yourselves if you are willing to wear coverings IF the Scripture could prove it is right to do so. Before, my answer would have been no (afterall who wants to look like they are wearing a rag, or worse, a pinata on their head). I wasn't willing.I wasnt even willing to consider the fact,that as a woman I might not know everything, and that there may be a possibility my husband could be right...nope I wanted to be right! But eventually with both the Lords and my husbands patience, I came around. I was willing to do so even if it embarrassed me for the sake of honoring my husband.And now, after time and open/thoughtful study of the Scriptures I do so happily. Even if us women think its wrong, for the sake of honoring the man that God has placed over us to take care of us, we should at least consider it.Men are supposed to lead, but its kind of hard for them when we only follow if we think were right. Lets not be wise in our own eyes.Blessings to you women as you search truth out and honor your husbands

Sermon9/9/13 5:04 PM
Allie from Detroit  Find all comments by Allie
• Add new comment
comments
“ Well...... ”
Ok, excellent as far as roles of women. Did not prove that headcovering meant a physical garment or something. Initially passage in scripture sounds like it. However, text explains itself by speaking of long hair as a covering. As I read scripture I am not convinced that this is not referring to hair.

Sermon8/31/13 10:03 PM
Ashley from Georgia  Contact via emailFind all comments by Ashley
Sermon:
Ladies, Quiet Please
Bob Hackett
“ Great Sermon! ”
As a woman, I wish more preachers taught the whole counsel of the word as this brother did in this sermon. It taught me and I appreciate him talking about this topic. Godly women will not be offended. They want to obey God. Please brothers, don't hold back.

Sermon8/31/13 8:07 AM
Matthew from Detroit mi  Contact via emailFind all comments by Matthew
• Add new comment
comments
“ Great Sermon! ”
What a brave servant to stand on preach this truth that the society has made a hard truth. Great example of lovingly correcting brothers.

Sermon3/17/13 10:32 PM
Teara Fragoso from Edmonton  Find all comments by Teara Fragoso
Sermon:
Are You Worshiping Demons?
Bob Hackett
“ Pagan holy-days ”
This text would prove that eating a meal with people celebrating Christmas, Easter and other such pagan and roman catholic sanctioned holy days is sinful, vs. 19-23. Verses 28-33 Talk about if you are not ignorant to knowing what the holy day or feast is really about and its originand if it is not sanctioned by God then you must not partake. It doesn't edify our build up the church, it can make your brother fall our glorify the Lord.

Sermon10/23/12 1:04 AM
Y.F.  Find all comments by Y.F.
Sermon:
Gospel Sedition
Bob Hackett
“ PREEMINENCE OF THE GOSPEL! ”
A great message, reminding us of the preeminence of the gospel! I was convicted of this message. Many times I think I am preaching the gospel, but I am only "discussing" religion with a pinch of some Christian truths. We are not philosophers, we are servants of Christ set apart for the gospel of God. We must preach the Gospel as it is-as it was preached when delivered by the saints.

He leads none to heaven but whom He sanctifies on the earth. ... John Owen
This Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America MINI site is powered by SermonAudio.com. The Host Broadcaster for this site is Reformed Presbyterian Church of N. A.
Email: info@sermonaudio.com  |  MINI Sites  |  Mobile Apps  |  Our Services  |  Copyright © 2019 SermonAudio.